zeev,

I can understand that we need to re-organize the documentation, so that
it is easier to find things, but your example is the worst possible ever.

If you have a look at the API, of course you learn that you can pass an
array of options to the widget constructors. But, if you look just after
the method definition, ... surprise, all options are described. And this
is true for all widgets and validators, all of them.

Just one example for good measure:

http://www.symfony-project.org/api/1_2/sfWidgetFormChoice#method_configure

Don't want to dive into the API? All widgets and validators are also
described in the form book (appendices A for widgets and B for
validators). If I take the same example as above, here is what we
explain in the book:

http://www.symfony-project.org/forms/1_2/en/A-Widgets#chapter_a_choice_widgets

All options are described in great details, with images to show you how
they affect the rendering.

Want to keep the reference offline? Just download the PDF:

http://www.symfony-project.org/get/pdf/forms-1.2-en.pdf

Want to read it in Italian, or Japanese. Still possible:

http://www.symfony-project.org/forms/1_2/it/A-Widgets

Can you explain a bit more what is missing here?

I'm all for documentation enhancements and I'm well aware that we can do
better. But please, be constructive.

If something is missing, and some things are definitely missing, open a
ticket, explain the issue, submit a patch if possible, and you will
become part of making symfony better.

If you want to make symfony better, stop complaining and do something
about it. I'm always looking for people willing to help.

Fabien

--
Fabien Potencier
Sensio CEO - symfony lead developer