Hello,

I would like to ask if it is possible to return another language
translation instead of the input when there is no translation for the
user's current language.

For example:

in the template:
<?php echo __('[HELLO]'); ?>

in a translation in 'en'
      <trans-unit id="1">
        <source>[HELLO]</source>
        <target>Hello</target>
      </trans-unit>

OK, when the user reads the page in 'en', the
[HELLO] message is translated without problem,
but if the user changes to another language say 'fr',
and I have not defined this translation for fr, then
it will display [HELLO](the input value).

However, what I want is that to return
the en translation as default.

I am doing the translation like this because
the wording of the default language(en) may change frequently
but not it other language, and it will be very annoying if
I change the <source> for other language every time.

Hope someone gives me advice, thanks!

security at symfony-project.com