AllowOverride was already set to none.
Database functionnality is set to off in settings.yml.

But I've tried to tweak some APC configuration keys with :
----------------------------------
# Do not need to check for file changes : we only update them with a
new release deployed in another versionned directory
apc.stat=0
apc.file_update_protection=0
# I've tried it but, as expected, nothing changes
apc.optimization=2
# I check on on f our production server this morning and we had 497
files in cache
apc.num_files_hint=500
# Symfony is doing lots of include so it could be worth trying to
optimize this
apc.include_once_override=1
# We were at the limit of the 32 M (28 M used this morning). I've
increased it to 128M, just to be sure
apc.shm_size=128
---------------------------------
I've also tried to check for large files but did not find any larger
than 1M.
This new configuration has ran for 3 hours now on one of our Apache
and it didn't change response time on it (we monitor closely : Apache
by Apache using some Nagios plugins)
I've also checked our APC version : we are using APC 3.0.19 with MMAP
memory method (which is recommended according to APC guidelines).

I didn't have time to try memcache over APC : it's not as easy as
adding some key into apc.ini and restart Apache :) Moreover, we have
some code that depends on APC and I have to check if it's easy to port
it to memcache (it should since it's supposed to use the sfCache
interface).

In the meantime, we have moved forward on our timer method and we
discovered that rendering templates took us about 200ms. Don't you
think this is huge ?
Thanks anyway !

Rémi

security at symfony-project.com