Time will decide.

If you have a DeadLine, you should stay with 1.4
If not, (something like a year) you could go with 2.0

I have little time (I mean days not hours) getting involved with 2.0 (about
4 or 5 hours a day) and at the end of this week
I feel very confortable with it.

You should know that there is no that much documention. Not very clever
sometimes (you should check differences on docs.symfony-reloaded.org/guidesand
docs.symfony-reloaded.org/master/guides)

There are some good plugins, but with some usefull howTo's examples.

If the scheduled release date remains intact, there is going to be a lot
official documentation in March or April.

security at symfony-project.com