I would always lean towards having a solid, well used release of software -
the problem with relatively beta versions is that when you hit a brickwall
the chance of finding a solution will be a lot harder (and you might
sometimes have to get your hands dirty finding a solution) rather than a
mature, stable version.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/justendoherty - LinkedIn
http://www.twitter.com/phpchap - Twitter
http://www.anotherwebdeveloper.com - Portfolio