Actually there're a lot of Bundles and Doctrine extensions now (including a
nested set implementation). Everyone has a different opinion on this matter.
I'm using Symfony 2 for my CRM and I must say it's the best choice I made. I
need the flexibility it gives you.

Anyway, the only way to know is to give both a try.

security at symfony-project.com