On Apr 19, 8:19 am, Sebastian Göttschkes
<sebastian.goettsch...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> would you mind showing the apache vhost you added (I asume you're using
> apache)? I would guess the default directory isn't set correctly but the sf
> shortcut is.
>
> Regards,
> Sebastian

Moi Sebastian,

Sure, here it is and thanks for the reply.

# symfonyhost.conf
#
# Virtual host configuration for use in testing out apps developed
# using the symfony framework.
#
#
# # # Virtual host for symfony...
#

Listen localhost:8080
NameVirtualHost localhost:8080

<VirtualHost localhost:8080>
    ServerAdmin antikut...@yahoo.co.uk
    ServerName sympfonyhost

    # DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your
    # documents. By default, all requests are taken from this
directory, but
    # symbolic links and aliases may be used to point to other
locations.

    DocumentRoot /home/aweaver/sfprojects/jobeet/web
    DirectoryIndex index.php

    # if not specified, the global error log is used

    ErrorLog /home/aweaver/sfprojects/jobeet/log/jobeet.error_log
    CustomLog /home/aweaver/sfprojects/jobeet/log/jobeet.access_log
combined

    # don't loose time with IP address lookups
    HostnameLookups Off

    # needed for named virtual hosts

    UseCanonicalName Off

    # configures the footer on server-generated documents

    ServerSignature On

    # Optionally, include *.conf files from /etc/apache2/conf.d/
    #
    # For example, to allow execution of PHP scripts:
    #
#
# # # AWE - We want to avoid using the "auto prepend" php config so
#           let's override it here.
#
    php_value auto_prepend_file none
    #
    # or, to include all configuration snippets added by packages:
    #Include /etc/apache2/conf.d/*.conf

    # ScriptAlias: This controls which directories contain server
scripts.
    # ScriptAliases are essentially the same as Aliases, except that
    # documents in the realname directory are treated as applications
and
    # run by the server when requested rather than as documents sent
to the client.
    # The same rules about trailing "/" apply to ScriptAlias
directives as to
    # Alias.
    #
    #ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/srv/www/vhosts/dummy-host.example.com/cgi-
bin/"

    # "/srv/www/cgi-bin" should be changed to whatever your
ScriptAliased
    # CGI directory exists, if you have one, and where ScriptAlias
points to.
    #
    #<Directory "/srv/www/vhosts/dummy-host.example.com/cgi-bin">
        #AllowOverride None
        #Options +ExecCGI -Includes
        #Order allow,deny
        #Allow from all
    #</Directory>

    #
    # # # AWE - For symfony...
    #
    #
    # This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.
    #
    <Directory "/home/aweaver/sfprojects/jobeet/web">
        Options +FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from All
    </Directory>

    #
    # The /sf alias gives you access to images and javascript files
    # needed to properly display default symfony pages and the web
    # debug toolbar|Web Debug Toolbar.
    #

    Alias /sf /home/aweaver/sfprojects/jobeet/lib/SYMFONY/symfony/data/
web/sf
    <Directory "/home/aweaver/sfprojects/jobeet/lib/SYMFONY/symfony/
data/web/sf">
        Options +FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
        AllowOverride All
        Allow from All
    </Directory>

    # UserDir: The name of the directory that is appended onto a
user's home
    # directory if a ~user request is received.
    #
    # To disable it, simply remove userdir from the list of modules in
APACHE_MODULES
    # in /etc/sysconfig/apache2.
    #
    <IfModule mod_userdir.c>
        # Note that the name of the user directory ("public_html")
cannot simply be
        # changed here, since it is a compile time setting. The apache
package
        # would have to be rebuilt. You could work around by deleting
        # /usr/sbin/suexec, but then all scripts from the directories
would be
        # executed with the UID of the webserver.
        UserDir public_html
        # The actual configuration of the directory is in
        # /etc/apache2/mod_userdir.conf.
        Include /etc/apache2/mod_userdir.conf
        # You can, however, change the ~ if you find it awkward, by
mapping e.g.
        # http://www.example.com/users/karl-heinz/ --> /home/karl-
heinz/public_html/
        #AliasMatch ^/users/([a-zA-Z0-9-_.]*)/?(.*) /home/$1/
public_html/$2
    </IfModule>

        #
        # Possible values for the Options directive are "None", "All",
        # or any combination of:
        #   Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks SymLinksifOwnerMatch
ExecCGI MultiViews
        #
        # Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* ---
"Options All"
        # doesn't give it to you.
        #
        # The Options directive is both complicated and important.
Please see
        # http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.2/mod/core.html#options
        # for more information.
        ##       Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

        #
        # AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed
in .htaccess files.
        # It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
        #   Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
        #
#       AllowOverride None

        #