Hi,

I know one student, that would be interested in writing the core in
C++ as part of his Bachelor thesis (I could be his advisor). His
current code is here:

http://code.google.com/p/sympy-cpp/

(sorry the page is in Czech only, but you can browse the code in Source tab)

What do you think about it? Is SymPy, or sympycore in a state, so that
we know how to do it in C++, so that it would help the project? If so,
how would you approach the problem? What exact functionality should be
implemented and how? My idea is just to try to implement the very
basic functionality:

Add, Mul, Pow, Symbol, series expansion, substitution, maybe a pattern
matching and wrap it in Python using the same interface as we use.

Unfortunately, we need to decide very quickly, like till tomorrow, or
Wednesday. If you could write me your opinions about it, it'd be
awesome.

Thanks a lot,
Ondrej