On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:54 PM, Ondrej Certik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Sebastian Haase <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >  On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 10:50 PM, Ryan James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  >

> > > On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 22:37 +0100, Ondrej Certik wrote:
> >  > > So it's more of a luck, that things work in isympy, because  isympy
> >  > > uses true division by default...
> >  >
> >  > it's because when you do "from __future__ import division", which is
> >  > what isympy basically does, it only applies true division to code
> >  > written in the interactive prompt and not to imported modules.  *lots*
> >  > of 3rd party stuff relies upon old-style division.  i tried to use -Qnew
> >  > for a while, but scipy, numpy, matplotlib, networkx, and other libraries
> >  > i use would fall flat on their faces because of it.
> >
> >  Hi Ryan,
> >  yes, of course this is likely about 3rd party stuff. And I have to say
> >  that I was quite surprised that I got as far as I did ;-)
> >  I'm using numpy and wxPython extensively and some scipy.
> >  So I would argue, that scipy, numpy and matplotlib should work using
> >  -Qnew --- if there are any remaining problems, the respective
> >  communities seem so responsive that I'm not concerned.
> >  I don't know anything about networkx  --- does sympy depend on it ?
>
> No, we don't depend on anything else besides Python2.4.
>
> (for plotting, you actually also need ctypes, but those are default in
> python2.5).
>
> Ondrej

Of course ! What I  meant here were "outside" projects maintained and
developped by others -- even if they come included with sympy in the
"thirdparty" folder...

So with regards to my original post:  I just downloaded "pyglet-1.1alpha2".
Now I get:
"Window initialization failed: Unable to share contexts"
... and no plot-window at all.

I interpret this that, the new pyglet 1.1 might now be fully backwards
compatible !?
Comments ?

Thanks,
Sebastian Haase