On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoqu...@normalesup.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 09:33:48PM +0200, Sebastian Haase wrote:
>> This is very interesting to hear !  Is it built on top of the wx wxPyShell ?
>
> No. The architecture of that thing is less than ideal. It is built on top
> of Scintilla, thought, similar to PyShell.

I see. So you cooked something up from scratch !? (Except building on
Scintilla of course)

I fixed up some up the problems I had with PyShell, and I would agree
that its source code had (maybe) "often a feeling being too bloated".
But on the other hand it is quite functional.
Do you have specific comments about what you didn't / don't like about it ?

So I will try your "wx shell" by downloading the most recent IPython
and start ipythonx .... right ? (Is there a 64bit linux binary ?)

>> And it handles unicode ??
>
> I should.
>
> Gaël

I remember having had some trouble doing Sympy pretty printing in PyShell ...

Sebastian