On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Fredrik
Johansson<fredrik.johans...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Ondrej Certik<ond...@certik.cz> wrote:
>
>> Cannot the 2to3 script fix that? I think it can, but maybe I am wrong.
>
> Yep, but then there's the need for dual codebases or at least dual releases.

Yes, 2 releases will be necessary.

In SymPy I plan to setup a buildbot, that automatically runs the 2to3
script and then run tests in python3 after every commit, and then when
the release comes, I just run the script myself and release the
tarball for python3 separately.

We definitely cannot have just one codebase for both 2.x and 3.x, for
example the metaclasses syntax has changed.

Ondrej