Why not just do it on the Google Code wiki, if you are worried about the
server?  Google docs doesn't have math either (or am I wrong?).

Also, the application period has officially begun.  Here are the guidelines for
the application:
http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2010/faqs#org_app

Aaron Meurer