On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It is great to see more discussion on the assumptions system.  I do
> have a practical question.  I am starting to work on a general quantum
> mechanics module for sympy with a few other people and we definitely

I am looking forward and I'll try to help with this too.

> need something *like* assumptions.
>
> * Which assumptions system should I start out using?

I would use the new system. Try to make sure that you use the new
assumptions classes, so that if we change how it works below the hood,
you don't need to change anything. The API to the new assumptions
system is modeled after Mathematica, so if it works for them, it
should work for us.

http://docs.sympy.org/modules/assumptions.html

> * Are the new assumptions system in trunk (even if most things don't use
> them)?

Yes.

Ondrej