On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Kasun Samarasinghe
<kwsamarasin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi aaron
> yes this is only the first part as a starting point. GF(p**n) will be
> implemented later.
> On sub classing, I think this is a standalone module, since its a different
> algebraic structure. David might have a better idea on this?

I personally would implement two classes, one for the field and one for the
elements of the field, with a __call__ method implemented to
coerce elements of ZZ to elements of GF(p). However, the way you did it
seems fine (after you have fixed the patch addition problems) for a
beginning patch.