Hi Mateusz

On Apr 16, 11:46 am, Mateusz Paprocki <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> SymPy can compute things like F*G - H**2 fast, unfortunately not on the
> user level. Below you will find a short tutorial how to do it fast but
> messy way.
>
> Lets assume you have polynomial-like expressions F, G, H. For my own
> convenience, when experimenting, I made my self a function fun() which
> returns those expressions:
>
> In [1]: %time F, G, H, gens = fun()
> CPU times: user 12.03 s, sys: 0.00 s, total: 12.03 s
> Wall time: 12.46 s

What exactly is gens here? I thought it was supposed to be a list that
contains all the symbols in the polynomials, but then I eventually run
into this error

/tmp/mattpap-sympy-polys-cd30a32/sympy/polys/polytools.py in
_init_poly_from_list(list_rep, *gens, **args)
    286
    287     if len(gens) != 1:
--> 288         raise PolynomialError("can't create a multivariate
polynomial from a list")

Thanks,
Ben