On Jul 2, 2010, at 5:41 PM, Ondrej Certik wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just read this:
>
> http://github.com/blog/674-introducing-organizations
>
> citing: "or needed to give someone else administrative control over
> one of your repositories,", which is exactly what I want.
>
> I am proposing that we move our official repository to github.
>
> Is anyone against? Technically, we are already there:
> http://github.com/sympy/sympy
>
> so it would mean to fix our pages/docs to point there and hopefully
> setup git.sympy.org as the mirror (any volunteers?).
>
> Ondrej

I am in favor.  I am not sure about the docs, though.  Is it possible to have
official docs for the latest released version and also unofficial docs from the
latest master (or from the last time someone built)?  We should definitely
mirror somewhere.  Right now, everyone's personal repositories are on GitHub,
so if that goes down, there will be nowhere to clone from. Nonetheless, GitHub
seems to be more reliable than the sympy.org server.  (See
http://status.github.com/).

Here is info about the post-recieve hooks:
http://help.github.com/post-receive-hooks/