On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Ondrej Certik <ond...@certik.cz> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 8:28 PM, Aaron S. Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 2, 2010, at 5:41 PM, Ondrej Certik wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just read this:
>>>
>>> http://github.com/blog/674-introducing-organizations
>>>
>>> citing: "or needed to give someone else administrative control over
>>> one of your repositories,", which is exactly what I want.
>>>
>>> I am proposing that we move our official repository to github.
>>>
>>> Is anyone against? Technically, we are already there:
>>> http://github.com/sympy/sympy
>>>
>>> so it would mean to fix our pages/docs to point there and hopefully
>>> setup git.sympy.org as the mirror (any volunteers?).
>>>
>>> Ondrej
>>
>> I am in favor.  I am not sure about the docs, though.  Is it possible to
>> have official docs for the latest released version and also unofficial docs
>> from the latest master (or from the last time someone built)?  We should
>> definitely mirror somewhere.  Right now, everyone's personal repositories
>> are on GitHub, so if that goes down, there will be nowhere to clone from.
>> Nonetheless, GitHub seems to be more reliable than the sympy.org server.
>> (See http://status.github.com/).
>
> the git at sympy.org was down since my email 10 days ago, as I was
> busy to get it fixed (I broke it myself by upgrading git), but
> otherwise, as far as I know, it worked without a single problem ever
> since I set it up couple years ago, didn't it?
>

>> Here is info about the post-recieve hooks:
>> http://help.github.com/post-receive-hooks/
>
> Yes, let's mirror it at git.sympy.org, then people can continue
> cloning from there and everybody will be happy. Yes, I'll try to setup
> some hook, that I'll reveive at my server and pull the git repo.

So this is our github page now:

http://github.com/sympy

and I simply put all the people that used to have a push access and
have a github account in there.  I've also created a repository for
the webpages at http://sympy.org/ in there and just pushed in there an
index.html, that redirects to our googlecode page as before.

We need to create some better pages. It's as simple as just cloning
the repo, and pushing it in. All people who can push to the sympy git
repo can push into the pages repo currently. The presmissions can be
easily changed if needed.

Ondrej