I already expounded my position a while back at
http://groups.google.com/group/sympy/browse_thread/thread/b0103e9ce1301440/ed74f8f8106ac490.
 So I will let you just read that if you are interested.

In a nutshell, I am tired of 2.4 and want to drop support already.

On Aug 16, 2010, at 4:37 PM, Brian Granger wrote:

> I am fine with dropping 2.4 support and even 2.5 support.  This makes
> moving to Python 3 much easier.  For what it is worth, IPython is
> dropping 2.4/2.5 support in its next release.

Wow.  I can see why you would want to drop 2.4, because 2.5 added a lot of
language features, but why do you want to drop 2.5 as well?  As far as I can
tell, 2.6 didn't really add that much to the language other than the -3 flag
(though 2.7 did; that is a different story).

Aaron Meurer