I guess I wouldn't mind seeing all the goodness of GSoC and polys11
being added before dropping support for 2.4. That way, anyone still
using it will have a pretty complete sympy. And then after introducing
that version 0.x immediately introduce a new version 0.x+1 that is 2.4
incompatible. On the other hand, those new routines may introduce
their own set of bugs that we wouldn't want to support, perhaps. At
least the way it is now is that we only support 1 version, right? So
which is better...a potentially more powerful sympy with bugs whose
squashing is no longer supported by sympy (but could be handled by
others) or a less powerful less buggy version (that is also not
supported)?

/c