I am inclined to agree with this.  Depending on where we are by the time we are
ready to release 0.7.0, we could make it the last version that supports Python
2.4.  Now, if supporting it becomes a real pain before the release, say because
of with statement context managers, then we should just drop it and too bad:
that's the future.

But if we were to release in a state similar to where we are right now, I think
we should just keep the support and add a warning to sympy/__init__.py when
used with Python 2.4 saying that it is deprecated and won't be supported in
future versions.  Then, immediately after the release, we can remove all the
any(), all(), iff(), etc. nonsense from the code and start moving forward.

Then again, the way things are looking now, it could be quite a while before we
release 0.7.0.  I am assuming we are waiting until we have completely replaced
the old assumptions system at least, and we probably also want to get Mateusz's
latest polys branch in, and my Risch integration in if I have that ready to go
by then, and also all the other outstanding branches/patches for review.
Considering how fast these things tend to happen, it could be another six
months to a year before we actually release, after which Python 2.4 will only
become older and more deprecated than it already is.

(p.s. we need to update
http://wiki.sympy.org/wiki/Plan_for_SymPy_1.0#sympy_0.7.0 to make this more
clear).

Aaron Meurer