Hi,

On 23 April 2011 09:33, Mateusz Paprocki <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 23 April 2011 04:20, Aaron S. Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Apr 22, 2011, at 5:24 PM, Mateusz Paprocki wrote:
>>
>> Hi,

>>> with

>>> https://github.com/rlamy/sympy/tree/p12-fix]
>>> so

>>> now?

>>> I am +1, as long as Mateusz is +1 to it.  He knows the branch better than
>>> anyone, so if he has reviewed it and is OK with it, and if the tests are
>>> passing, it can go in.  We need to do extensive testing with the various
>>> ground types, but that will be done before the release anyway, so I think as
>>> long as there aren't any blatant test failures, this is fine.
>>>

>> I'm of course +1 with pushing this as soon as possible. For now I
>> tested/doctested p12-fix with gmpy/python ground types in Python 2.5 and 2.6
>> and with python ground types in 2.4 and 2.7. There are no test/doctest
>> failures besides those which we are aware of (cse, geometry and 2.7
>> doctests). As gmpy worked with 2.5 and 2.6, it should work also work with
>> 2.4 and 2.7 (respectively) (I will test those configurations in the
>> evening).
>>

>> Also try to test 32-bit vs. 64-bit.  Most errors that fail in one
>> configuration and not another fails because of that, not the ground types or
>> the Python version (the exception is Python 2.4 stuff), even in the polys.
>>

> Testing 32-bit setup right now, but it will take ages to finish on my
> laptop.

Done. Besides the standard set of failures, there is an additional one
(Python 2.7):

______________ sympy/solvers/tests/test_solvers.py:test_tsolve_1
_______________
  File "/home/matt/repo/git/sympy/sympy/solvers/tests/test_solvers.py", line
239, in test_tsolve_1
    [-((4*log(7) +
5*LambertW(-7*2**Rational(4,5)*6**Rational(1,5)*log(7)/10))/(3*log(7)))]]
AssertionError

which seems unrelated to polys.

>>> What happened to the isympy commits from the top of polys12?  Are those
>>> among the "few patches that are not in p12-fix"?  But I think as long as
>>> Mateusz is careful, we won't lose any fixes.
>>>

>> There are 7 commits in polys12 which weren't included in the original p12
>> branch + several commits from release0.7.0. When p12 will be merged, I will
>> submit a pull request with release0.7.0 commits. A question remains what to
>> do with those 7 commits. I can either cherry pick them on top of p12 and
>> push everything altogether or I can submit a pull request with them when p12
>> will be merged. Anyway, I will rebase them today and put into p12-final
>> (mattpap/sympy, not mattpap/sympy-polys).
>>

>> Just put them all together in a new pull request.  It should be easy to
>> review, since it is a (relatively) small number of commits.
>>
>> So are you replacing sympy-polys with sympy?
>>

> Yes, because sympy-polys was a no-fork. I created this repository way
> before we started using Github to host SymPy and I didn't switch to a fork
> before, because there were so many references to sympy-polys in issues and
> the mailing list. As polys are ready to be merged, I can switch to a fork
> finally. Currently mattpap/sympy contains p12-final. Later I will transfer
> other branches (e.g. hold) and remove sympy-polys.
>

>> Aaron Meurer
>>

>>> Aaron Meurer
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> Mateusz