Le vendredi 29 avril 2011 à 16:16 -0600, Aaron S. Meurer a écrit :
> So Ondřej, Christian, and I talked about this before GSoC, but I forgot
>  to mention it on the list.  We need to figure out, as a community, how
>  to remove the old assumptions system and merge in the new one.  We
>  have already had several branches attempting to do it, and we couldn't
>  even get a GSoC to do it because we don't really have a clear strategy
>  on how to do it.

I don't have a strategy, but I have branches in various states of
readiness that attempt to refactor both the old and new assumptions to
make their code simpler and to bring them closer together. Some of the
things I did or tried to do:

* Remove the cumbersome and confusing Assume() syntax.
* Have old-style assumptions defined only for instances of Expr and,
most importantly, not for Booleans.
* Merge sympy.core.logic and sympy.logic.boolalg (mostly by removing the
former).

I'll try to refine some of this into pull requests in the next days.