> > I would be interested in the community vote on this idea. I vote +1. I
> > am aware that Ronan voted -1 last year. What do others think?
>
> What are you voting +1 on, concretely? Your branch is one year old, so
> it would have to be updated. There were also many test failures
> remaining and it was unbearably slow for complex calculations, what's
> your plan for that?

  I'll have to agree that things have changed too significantly to cherry
pick anything from the past, but it's the method of doing things we need to
agree on.

Ondrej: I think the assumptions-2 branch assumed everything would go into
the global assumptions context (and be flushed along with the cache after
use), and Symbol('x', positive=True) was removed. Is this the method you're
voting for?

Ronan: "unbearably slow for complex calculations" --> can you throw an
example up on the wiki page so we can look into addressing this?