If you do git show e9f4a0a595eaa82571e1dea55d672ec82da5d2c8 --stat, you get

commit e9f4a0a595eaa82571e1dea55d672ec82da5d2c8
Author: Mateusz Paprocki <matt...@gmail.com>
Date:   Wed May 4 18:26:49 2011 -0700

    Fixed tests after keep_sign was removed

 sympy/core/tests/test_evalf.py                     |    1 +
 sympy/core/tests/test_expr.py                      |   12 +++---
 sympy/core/tests/test_numbers.py                   |   14 +++++---
 .../special/tests/test_gamma_functions.py          |   11 +++---
 .../special/tests/test_spec_polynomials.py         |    3 +-
 .../special/tests/test_spherical_harmonics.py      |    5 ++-
 sympy/integrals/tests/test_rationaltools.py        |   14 ++++----
 sympy/polys/tests/test_partfrac.py                 |    5 ++-
 sympy/polys/tests/test_polyfuncs.py                |    3 +-
 sympy/polys/tests/test_polyroots.py                |    8 ++--
 sympy/series/tests/test_nseries.py                 |    6 ++--
 sympy/series/tests/test_series.py                  |    4 +-
 sympy/simplify/tests/test_simplify.py              |   11 +++---
 sympy/solvers/tests/test_ode.py                    |   34 ++++++++++----------
 sympy/solvers/tests/test_polysys.py                |    4 +-
 sympy/solvers/tests/test_solvers.py                |    7 ++--

which tells you a little more. I think for this commit, what is given
is fine.  Maybe it could have referenced an issue number, but the
commit is just changing little things from the keep_sign behavior.
There's no need to meticulously document all of them.  If you want to
know more, just look at the diff already.

And by the way, little changes like this don't need to go in the
release notes.  In fact, keep_sign was added and removed entirely
since the last release, so I don't think it even needs to be mentioned
at all.

Aaron Meurer