On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 12:36 AM, Ondrej Certik <ond...@certik.cz> wrote:

> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Vlada Peric <vlada.pe...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I've written a draft changelog, you can check it out on the wiki:
> > https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Release-Notes-for-0.7.0
> >
> > I tried to note just the bigger changes, but I'm sure I made some
> mistakes
> > along the way due to not understanding the code. I was working just off
> the
> > commit messages and files changed, as looking at the code would have
> taken
> > too long. Notably, I ignored the changes around polys and quantum - I
> hope
> > people who know this code better can help. Other than that, comments and
> > changes are very welcome.
>
> I'll write some stuff about the quantum tonight or tomorrow.
>

> > Note, I tried to reference commits and issue numbers in changes (in case
> > change is spread over many commits, just the first/most important few are
> > listed). I feel like it's a good idea, to allow interested users to
> easily
> > see the exact changes, how do you all feel about it? I wasn't very strict
> > about it in any case.
>
> Absolutely. You can also reference the commits themselves. We tried to
> do something like that here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/sympy/wiki/Changes

I tried to do that, but github doesn't seem to provide a way to view a
particular commit (or I just couldn't find it, wouldn't be the first time).
So, the interested user/developer can just use git show <hash> from his own
repository. :)

> see the release 0.6.2 and older. But it's quite a lot of work. It's a
> good thing for people to learn how to code in sympy, to simply browse
> the patches, that implement interesting features.

Yes, this is why I wasn't very strict with it: if it's there, great! - if
not, oh well.

> Ondrej

Vlada Perić