Hello folks,

Long time back, I made a pull request for changing the definition of
limits[0] accordance to issue 1000. I was unable to work on the problem
related to that because of my other engagements. Now to refresh the matter,
my branch is 667 commits ahead of origin/master and I have to rebase it so
as to enable someone from author to pull it in ( if rest is all right).

While handling that, I faced the following problem.

*hector@hector:~/Workstation/sympy$* bin/test
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/test", line 17, in <module>
    from sympy.utilities.runtests import test
  File "/home/hector/Workstation/sympy/sympy/__init__.py", line 33, in
<module>
    from series import *
  File "/home/hector/Workstation/sympy/sympy/series/__init__.py", line 4, in
<module>
    from limits import limit, Limit
  File "/home/hector/Workstation/sympy/sympy/series/limits.py", line 2, in
<module>
    from gruntz import gruntz
  File "/home/hector/Workstation/sympy/sympy/series/gruntz.py", line 126, in
<module>
    from sympy.core.compatibility import reduce
ImportError: cannot import name reduce

Now the following import is still there in origin/master [1].

"from sympy.core.compatibility import reduce"

in the file sympy/series/gruntz.py but I am unable to determine the cause of
this error.

I would like to have help on this one. Thank you in advance.

--
-Regards
Hector

Whenever you think you can or you can't, in either way you are right.

[0] https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/230
[1] https://github.com/sympy/sympy/blob/master/sympy/series/gruntz.py