Hi,

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 6:19 PM, Hector <hector1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> Long time back, I made a pull request for changing the definition of
> limits[0] accordance to issue 1000. I was unable to work on the problem
> related to that because of my other engagements. Now to refresh the matter,
> my branch is 667 commits ahead of origin/master and I have to rebase it so
> as to enable someone from author to pull it in ( if rest is all right).
>
> While handling that, I faced the following problem.

Could you tell us what exactly you did? Did this happen in the middle
of the rebasing process (do you use interactive mode, "git rebase
-i"?), during a merge conflict, after the merge? If you did everything
correctly, you should have a "reduce" function defined in the
compatibility.py file in sympy/core -- apparently, you don't.

> hector@hector:~/Workstation/sympy$ bin/test
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "bin/test", line 17, in <module>
>     from sympy.utilities.runtests import test
>   File "/home/hector/Workstation/sympy/sympy/__init__.py", line 33, in
> <module>
>     from series import *
>   File "/home/hector/Workstation/sympy/sympy/series/__init__.py", line 4, in
> <module>
>     from limits import limit, Limit
>   File "/home/hector/Workstation/sympy/sympy/series/limits.py", line 2, in
> <module>
>     from gruntz import gruntz
>   File "/home/hector/Workstation/sympy/sympy/series/gruntz.py", line 126, in
> <module>
>     from sympy.core.compatibility import reduce
> ImportError: cannot import name reduce
>

> Now the following import is still there in origin/master [1].
>
> "from sympy.core.compatibility import reduce"
>
> in the file sympy/series/gruntz.py but I am unable to determine the cause of
> this error.
>
> I would like to have help on this one. Thank you in advance.
>
> --
> -Regards
> Hector
> Whenever you think you can or you can't, in either way you are right.
>
> [0] https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/230
> [1] https://github.com/sympy/sympy/blob/master/sympy/series/gruntz.py

Vladimir Perić