Hi Aaron,

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Aaron Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> Google has officially announced that they will be running Google
> Summer of Code 2012.  See
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012.  There is
> also a linke to a timeline on that page.
>
> We plan to apply again. Google will not release the questions we have
> to answer until the application period begins on Feburary 27, but they
> will likely be similar to the ones that were used last year.  So I
> have started a page on the wiki for it at
> https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2012-Organization-Application,
> based on last year's application.  Please feel free to edit it, though
> note that the questions listed there may not be the exact ones that
> are asked.
>
> Aside from that, we need people to update the student application
> template (https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2012-Application-Template)
> and, more importantly, the ideas page
> (https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/gsoc-2012-Ideas).  Please go
> through the ideas page and add new ideas, and remove ones that are
> already implemented.  In particular, any projects that were done last
> year should be removed, or updated to reflect things that can be done
> to extend the project. And some of the ideas that are already there
> are getting a little stale, so we could really use novel ideas.
> Discuss on the mailing list if you're not sure if something fits
> within the scope of the project.
>
> Regarding the template, do people have any comments about how we ran
> the program last year that they think should be changed?  This is the
> time to start discussing this. Also, if any mentors from last year
> have any comments about the applications, changing the template is one
> way to fix things.
>
> I guess we should start getting a list of people who are willing to
> mentor.  In particular, for those who mentored last year, who are
> willing to mentor again?  If you participated in the past as a

I will help with the application. (I think we can wait
until we know the exact questions.)
We should put there information about the
last GSoC and links to our results/blogposts/reports.
And in general refresh it, I think we have learned
a lot during the last GSoC.

I will be available as a mentor again.

Ondrej