Hello,

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 7:11 PM, someone <someb...@bluewin.ch> wrote:

>> I'd be willing to work on any algebra-related task, and I'm willing
>> to take up projects which rank as hard.  It is important thus that
>> I know which of the such projects are of more relevance to SymPy.
>
> Another topic which I think is quite relevant is symbolic summation
> and related subjects. So I'd like to suggest the topic:
>
> "Implement Karr algorithm, a decision procedure for symbolic summation"
>
> There is a great deal of algebra in this task ...

Hm, this one sounds interesting as well, thank you for you suggestion
:-) Unfortunately, I've never had much experience with any of
integration algorithms, although I've always been interested in
learning one.

I'm not jumping that easily to your suggestion not because I don't
like it, but rather because I've got around three things I'd be
interested in already (commutative diagrams, Groebner bases, Karr
integration).  It would be great if someone could sort the tasks
according to their priority to SymPy.  In that case I could focus on
the one with the greatest priority and also devote some time to
numbers 2 and, maybe, 3 on the list.

Sergiu