On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Aaron Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Heads up: that's a pretty tough one.  But if you do feel that you are
> up to it, it would be a great thing to have.

The fact that it's a tough one only makes me feel more interested :-)
Here https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/gsoc-2012-Ideas I can see
that there is some bibliography provided for Karr algorithm.  I'll
read whatever I can find and report my experience with understanding
the stuff.

> Actually, if you want to go the algebra route, there are tons of ways
> that the polys module could be improved.

Hm, all right, that sounds cool as well.  I think it's getting
important that I categorise my wishes and make the result public.
>From what I understood, this is how the relevance of ideas is ordered
for SymPy:

1. Karr algorithm

2. Improvement of Groebner bases

3. Improvements to the poly module

Is this right?

If so, I'll start digging around Karr algorithm, trying to keep an eye
on the other two things as well.

Sergiu