Hello, I'm interested in participating on gsoc 2012 and since I'm
comfortable with python and I really like math, sympy seems to be the
only sane choice. I started contributing by translating the site into
Portuguese but I had an idea worth of a gsoc project (I guess).
I think the examples would be more effective if there was a GUI
(curses/gtk/qt or whatever) which the user could modify the code,
where he could input any valid value and also have the inputs that
already are available on the examples as suggestions.
Since my math skills are no match to several other applicants (I
presume), I think I could help by improving the SymPy-live and/or
Gamma SymPy websites by making it more 'user friendly' and adding some
of the others SymPy features as suggested on the github page for gsoc
ideas  (https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/gsoc-2012-Ideas).
Can someone give me suggestions for the applications and if the GUI
examples project would be worth of doing on gsoc? Thanks.