> These are all nice features. The IPython community recently released their
ipython notebook. It's very good and I recommend you take a look at this
project if live.sympy.org interests you. The IPython notebook allows users
to share sessions and include text/tex within a session, making it feel
more like a collaborative mathematical document. I suspect that much of
their technology would be useful for an online sympy website.

In general I like the idea of improving {gamma,live}.sympy.org for a GSoC
project. In general I like projects that increase the SymPy userbase.

Tangent:
Do we have any idea who uses SymPy, who might use SymPy if they knew about
it, and what they want? I work on SymPy mostly because of my research and
for fun. I think many here are similar. At some point though the community
could start to talk more seriously about connecting SymPy with the public.
I feel like we need someone familiar with business to join the community
for a short while

Here is my dream for live.sympy.org
I would like to be able to log into a website with my google account and
write a mathematical document with my colleagues. I would like to have
python, SymPy and a tex engine available. I would like to have all of this
happen with real-time collaboration (we can both edit the same document
simultaneously). If I start using too much computation I'd like to be able
to connect my own computer to this system and use it for computation. I
would then like to publish this document for others to see (and play with).
I would like to be able to fork others' documents and suggest changes. I
would certainly use such a system and I think many others might as well.
This dream goes beyond what Wolfram Alpha currently delivers

Perhaps though this is a better project to happen in the IPython community?
Certainly I suspect it requires a great deal of knowledge regarding web
applications.