Hi all, my name's Anthony Burzillo and I am currently a freshman at Johns
Hopkins studying Physics and CS.

I am particularly interested in SymPy since, as a Physics/Math major, I
often find myself checking my processes with Mathematica, and therefore see
the value in an open source project like SymPy and would love to get
involved!

Anyways, after perusing the ideas page I found myself particularly
interested by the "Multivariate polynomials and factorization" task (I
particularly like algebra). I have read a bit on geobuckets, and
looked through the source code.

I was just wondering if you guys think that this would be too hard for
someone with no previous knowledge of multivariate polynomials to handle (I
like challenges, but I hope this is not impossible). I have taken Lin Alg
and Calc III, and I am about half way through an abstract algebra text I
have been reading on the side.

I'm fully willing to do a lot of reading for the balance of the semester.

Thanks!

Anthony