This looks very good so far.  Here are some comments:

- The link http://www.shaatra.org/2011/main/home takes me nowhere.

- Include Tupper's thesis in the references section.

- As Stefan noted, the syntax in your pseudo-code is not the best:
You should use expressions instead of strings.  The expression should
go first (ideally, including the interval would be optional, and it
would just compute it automatically).  You have to somehow note which
interval is for x and which is for y; there's no way for it to know
which one you want to be on which axis.

- min and max are called Min and Max in SymPy.

- Assumedly the min/max example is wrong.  They should have more than
one argument.

- You have an extra bracket in the first week 3 example.

- I think abs, floor, and acos are all implemented in mpmath already.

- I'm also confused about x**(1/3).  I understood the paper to mean
that it has difficulty with "exponential" functions like exp(x).

- In the "Continuity Tracking" section, you need to add newlines before the *'s.

- Could you talk a little more about how much will be involved in
writing the interval library for numpy?

- Note where the midterm is in the timeline.

- "Get the code reviewed in week 11" is not good.  You should be
submitting your code for review whenever you have an atomic patch.
Otherwise, you will develop a very large branch that will be very
difficult for us to review, and it will be very likely to take a long
time before it can get merged.  Many GSoC students in the past have
done this (myself included), and have had branches not merged for a
long time as a result.

Actually, I think this is something we need to make an extra effort to
do better this year, so I'll start a new discussion on it.

- As I've told all the other students so far, please include a list of
your contributions to SymPy, so that we can see what you've done so
far, and so that we know that you've completed the patch requirement.

- Go ahead and submit this at google-melange.com.  You will be able to
modify it up to the deadline.  This way, it will be there, so you
won't have to worry if you have any issues as the deadline approaches.
 Also, it will allow the mentors to get a head start on privately
reviewing your application, which help us tremendously.

Aaron Meurer