On 10.06.2012 17:53, Aaron Meurer wrote:
In a similar vein, I was going to suggest that you put some
mathematical info in all the base class docstrings, so that someone
coming to the code who has no idea what something like a syzygy is can
at least get an idea without trying to read the Wikipedia article.

Hm. I was under the impression I am doing this. For example:

    def syzygy_module(self, **opts):
        r"""
        Compute the syzygy module of the generators of ``self``.

        Suppose `M` is generated by `f_1, \dots, f_n` over the ring
        `R`. Consider the homomorphism `\phi: R^n \to M`, given by
        sending `(r_1, \dots, r_n) \to r_1 f_1 + \dots + r_n f_n`.
        The syzygy module is defined to be the kernel of `\phi`.

        The syzygy module is zero iff the generators generate freely a free
        submodule: [...]

What else should I mention here?

By the way, I'm almost done reviewing them. I just have to finish the
last one. I was on vacation this week, so it got stalled, but I plan
to do so next week when I get back.

That sounds great, thank you very much.