On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 4:37 AM, Aaron Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In the isympy command line I am allowed to set the options of ordering
>> to rev-lex such that I get output of 1 + x + x**2 etc. However it
>> doesn't seem as if isympy supports the ipython Qt console (please tell
>> me if I am mistaken). So I'd like to how to manually set the printing
>> order?
>
> Use the init_session() function.

... but the above initializes a whole lot of other vars, pretty
printing settings etc (apparently use_unicode=True is default) which I
would like to avoid. Please tell me how I can get rev-lex order
*without* using init_session?

I tried using init_printing alone but:

from sympy import *
init_printing(order='revlex')
var('x')
1+x+x**2

throws a ValueError saying that 'revlex' is not allowed.

In addition: what is 'grevlex'? i.e. what is this "graded reverse
lexicographic" ordering?

Thanks.

--
Shriramana Sharma