Hello,

I have just finished the beta-draft of our GSoC-2012 blog post:

  https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2012-Blog-Post

I invite everyone to take a look at this text and to add or correct
things at will.  I didn't really have the possibility to follow the
progress of everyone during the summer, and my mathematical knowledge
is rather patchy in general, so, please, take your time to check the
one or two paragraphs that belong to your domain of expertise.  Please
do check the spelling of names; I tried to be as careful as possible,
but slips are human, and I apologise for them.

The introductory paragraphs are heavily based on [0] (that is, I
basically did educated copying and pasting), so they should be
(mostly) fine.  I would be grateful if somebody could check that part
as well, though.

There are some bits of data that may be severely off because I
couldn't (quickly) find the necessary references.  These points are
marked with comments enclosed in (** and **).  Aaron, I am afraid I
will have to hand off the task of assuring the factual accuracy of
such information to you.

I tried to present everyone's contributions equally, but I would like
to ask that someone check this aspect as well.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the properly complete GSoC reports by
Stefan and Angadh.  I tried to concoct a general presentation based on
their GSoC blogs, but given my essentially nonexistent knowledge in
the concerned domains, I explicitly Cc Stefan and Angadh in the hope
that they will find the time to review the corresponding paragraphs.

I have also updated the GSoC 2012 Report Links page [1].  As with the
GSoC 2012 Blog Post, I largely copied over the text from [2], but do
take the time to quickly check this page as well, since the Blog Post
contains a link to it.

Sergiu

[0] http://google-opensource.blogspot.fr/2011/12/students-add-to-sympy.html

[1] https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Gsoc-2012-Report-Links/