On Wed, Jan 02, 2013 at 10:34:14AM -0500, David Joyner wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Sergiu Ivanov
> <sergiu.v.iva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have just finished the beta-draft of our GSoC-2012 blog post:
> >
> >   https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2012-Blog-Post
> >
> > I invite everyone to take a look at this text and to add or correct
> > things at will.  I didn't really have the possibility to follow the
>

> Regarding Aleksandar Makelov's project, I would like some way of
> acknowledging the huge amount of work Chris Smith did. I noted 2 threads
> on merging A.M.'s code into sympy that each had 70+ emails. Also,
> "pernici" helped a lot (and I apologize for forgetting his real name),
> as did several others.

I'm not sure how including such information is compatible with the
overall image of a GSoC organisation blog post.  The point of the
post, as I see it, is to put forward the contributions of the
students, the new members of the community, while keeping the huge
help of mentors in mind, but not necessarily on paper.  If we state
that certain community members helped Aleksandar a lot, it may look
like he was the only student to require much support.  On the other
hand, making a similar statement in the presentation of every student
will feel redundant.  My final argument is that one does non see such
mentions in the 2011 blog post [0].

I do not insist on this position, however, and if there is going to be
another person supporting your opinion, I will add the necessary
phrases to the text.

Sergiu

[0] http://google-opensource.blogspot.fr/2011/12/students-add-to-sympy.html