Sorry I was confused by the cls. The original eval method has 3 inputs(cls,
i, j).
To use ._args I just need to do `cls._args` right?

 If so, right now even I reassign it to some other value the class stays
unchanged.

type(cls._args) gives `<type 'member_descriptor'>`
and `print cls._args` gives `<member '_args' of 'Basic' objects>`