Sachin,

The api you've suggested is a nice goal. We have a similar goal for the
mechanics module. i.e. we'd like to have a "world/system" class and add
rigid bodies to it, then define those bodies' relationships and finally
generate the equations of motion for that world/system. We started by
creating the basic functionality for defining systems in a rigorous
mathematical fashion and only now are we ready to write this next layer.
I'd suggest thinking more about the core of the code that would be needed
to implement your more generic api. It has taken us three motivated GSoC
students just to get the core mostly to where it needs to be, so you may
need to scope your project to several smaller interconnected goals than
shooting for that grand final api (though it should be considered so that
you design the core functionality with it in mind).

Jason
moorepants.info
+01 530-601-9791