Hi,

my name is Katja Sophie Hotz and I am studying Technical Mathematics at the
Vienna University of Technology.
I'm in the last year of my master and have specialized in Mathematics in
Computer Science.

I would like to work on the GSoC project "Univariate polynomials over
algebraic domains".
At university I took courses on Linear Algebra (two semesters), Algebra
(two semesters), Universal Algebra and Algebraic Number Theory,
so I feel comfortable with algebraic extension fields and polynomial rings.

I also acquired basic programming skills in C++, Java and Matlab at the
university.
My experience with Python is limited, but I am eager to learn more.

Until now I submitted two patches.
The
first<https://github.com/sympy/sympy/commit/70324d6341ff3847c0e0832294095efdb8476b98>one
 is already merged and the
second <https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/2032> one is still work in
progress.

I'm about to start writing my application and would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks,
Katja Sophie