Okay so let me spell out what I have understood from your comment above,
just to be clear.

If you wish you can think of the dual of a vector (a one-form) as a
> one row matrix (and the vector as a one column matrix).

So, if I have column vector v = [ a1, a2, ... , an ] '  (using ' for
transpose), then the dual of v is then a row vector.

> If you have a scalar product operation defined there is a canonical
> way to get a dual of a vector.
>
> For the vector v and scalar product <,>, the oneform for the vector is
> v' such that v'(v) = <v, v>

So, let's say H is a nxn positive definite Hermitian matrix, and let us
define the inner product < > of vectors a and b as of dimension n:
<a, b> = Y* H X   (where Y and X coordinate matrices of vectors a and b in
some ordered basis)

Then, from your comment I understand that the *dual of a vector v* is v' =
<v, v> = V* H V (where V is the coordinate matrix). So it's just an inner
product then?

But, before you mentioned that the dual of a vector is row matrix, but as
far as I understand, the inner product will just be a scalar, not a row
vector. So, where is it that I am not getting you correctly? Also, I am
assuming that there is a standard Hermitian matrix that is used here, like
maybe the identity matrix perhaps?

Also, I tried searching a bit more on Google and I found a lot of mention
of the dual space, L(V, F) [ V is a vector space over the field F] which is
why I am forced to believe that there might be some relation between these
two (dual of a vector and dual space). Can you elaborate on this?

Again I'd like to say that I am really busy with academics for next 3
weeks. So, if my replies seem to reflect thoughtlessness on my part, please
excuse me for that. I just am really badly occupied.