Hi Sumol

Sorry for the late reply, I've been kind of buried with work. Anyway, it's
good to see that you are willing to work on the vector module. As the
others have already mentioned, I am currently working on the vector module
myself and have done quite a bit of work in it - but it is yet to be
completed.

This vector module supports a very generic declaration of vectors - a
vector can be made up of several different coordinate systems positioned
and oriented in space. Then, there are the usual vector operations defined
on the vectors. The support for differential operations is pretty much done
with - grad and div functions are working. I still need to finish up with
the curl function - it has already been written, I just need ot test and
remove some typos, I think.

Once the differentiation part is completed, I'd like to move on to the
integration of the vector fields in space. I have already written some code
on this part as well - though I am not sure how well it will work. But, the
iverall work on integration fucntions and classes will be somewhat more
challenging that the work done on differential functions. And, with the
done, we'll have a working vector module!

Okay then. To begin, please browse through the comments on this thread :
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sympy/t-Je0beTIIU%5B101-125-false%5D
I realize that this is a *huge *thread - no need to read every single line.
Just browse through it once, reading over the things that seem related to
the design of the classes, etc.
Also, note that there were some drastic changes to the initial design - so
also just look at the code here :
https://github.com/prasoon2211/sympy/tree/vector/sympy/vector in the
vector.py file. I have added a couple of examples in the docstrings of
methods that will, I believe, help you understand the underlying design.

Okay, that's it for now I guess. If you really want to work on this, then,
please try to understand the design of the project first - the class
structure, how are the vectors formed etc. Once you understand that, things
will be much easier. If you need further help, please don't at all hesitate
to contact me or any of the other members here.

Hope that was helpful.
Prasoon