Hi,

> My areas of interest are ODE, Series and Set theory. In the Ideas
> Page<https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2014-Ideas>, in the
> section of ODE there is a subsection "Solving Differential equations
> using Bessel Functions". I would like to work on this.

Oh, this is great.

> Please let me know if any progress has been made on this

No, there was no work on that topic yet. I put it on
the GSOC list last year I think.

I think you should read the thesis linked there.
and try to understand the ideas and methods. It
seems to be a self contained idea and topic.

The whole thing is probably not very difficult but
I must admit that I did not read the whole thing.