I've answered your questions below.

On 4 Aug 2014, at 18:27, James Crist wrote:

*1. Sympy Matrices are always 2 dimensional, should this be true of the
generated code as well?*

I think the generated code should reflect the original object. So, if it's a SymPy 2D Matrix, the generated code should be a 2D Matrix as well. Changing the dimensionality can always be done on the generated matrix as needed, but should only be done with the knowledge of the user.

*2. Should the default be numpy arrays?*

I can't see any reason why not. It's the most general choice.

*3. For inputting matrices to functions, `MatrixSymbol`, or
`DeferredVector`?*

I think going with MatrixSymbol is fine for now. If we need to add support for DeferredVector, that can be added.

*4. What is an Indexed type for?*

They're for representing tensors. Of course, the can be used for a number of things, including calculating finite difference formulas. In my case, tensors are useful for stress analysis, especially in changing reference frames. Other uses I know about relate to various physics topics.

I think there's some current work on the Indexed code, so refactoring it at the moment isn't a good idea.

*5. Would a ctypes CodeWrapper be wanted?* (Not relevant immediately, but
I'm curious)

I think it's a good idea in general, but not really a high priority. As something in the future, sure.

Cheers,

Tim.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/81745787-F497-499A-830D-447CEBBE3776%40gmail.com.