On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 6:31 PM, Joachim Durchholz <j...@durchholz.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure that that is possible.

That's bad news.

> With any other order, the next person to git pull will get a nasty surprise:
> all their bin/test runs will fail with those newly tested-for errors, so
> they can't rely on that "I can make the PR as soon as all tests pass" rule
> anymore.

You can break other people PR's in a zillons of ways.  For example,
their pr can rely on removed import.

To be sure that tests pass - they will have to merge with master
first.  That's the rule.

> However, I'd also like to know if such fixes are acceptable if it turns out
> we can't make it an automated test.

Sure, they are.  But at least, please try to minimize number of such PR's.
(I.e., do this for all modules once)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/20150107160856.GA2172%40darkstar.order.hcn-strela.ru.