Am 19.03.2015 um 11:17 schrieb Sudhanshu Mishra:
Since we are trying to move to the new assumptions, wouldn't it be good if
new additions in the codebase use new assumptions?

Yes, but as far as I can tell, new assumptions aren't ready for that kind of use yet. There have been discussions of integrating a SAT solver (which would be cool but I think that's experimental if it exists at all), I recall performance problems being discussed but not yet resolved (but some very nice performance figures as well so it's promising), and I bet that there are some kinks that still need ironing out.

My current understanding is that it still needs the SAT solver either coded or maybe just finished, and after that, integration can happen as soon as there are a few people around who are confident that they can use their expertise and time to solve any problems before they can block a release.

So I guess we'll have to support both systems for a while.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/550ACAFA.3080207%40durchholz.org.