Hi all,

I want to work on this projects listed on the ideas page. I've been reading
discussions on the assumptions system for quite some time and trying to
understand what has already been done and what do we want before 1.0.

>From what I've understood, it should look something like this:

a) Make new assumptions read old assumptions (So that API doesn't break)
b) Replace use of old assumptions with new assumptions everywhere (Remove
assumptions from core too)
c) Let x.is_* API be there but handle it with new assumptions (Probably we
do not have a consensus here)
d) Improve performance of new assumptions
e) Get rid of the conflicting assumptions

Aaron has already done some work on 'a' here
<https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/7925> which makes the point clear.
I need guidance on how to go about 'b'.
I'm not sure about what has to be done in 'c' since ideas are conflicting
at different places.

For 'd', I think SAT solvers are way to go. SDB's GSoC project last year
had some good things for assumptions.

Please comment on the points that I've made so that l could start writing
my proposal.

Regards
Sudhanshu Mishra

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAFW_KCSSFq7ot37szRnfWKF2QBwn3d7b2TSPBevQ7_2fEbVxVA%40mail.gmail.com.