Jason, thanks again for answering and excuse me for any dumb questions.

When you are saying that I can't use the position (x,y,z) and euler angles
(roll, pitch, yaw) as my generalized coordinates, is that something
specific to the Kane's Method?
I ask this since that's the first time I hear about that and for example,
when one wants to model a rigid body in space (both its position and
orientation) those are the generalized coordinates used (Think for example
of a quadcopter model).

Thanks,
Nuno

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/4d22f6ec-f826-4a45-98ac-14152edaeac5%40googlegroups.com.