The system that you drew only has two degrees of freedom regardless of what
forces you apply to the system. It also isn't clear as to whether you
consider the mass a particle or a rigid body. The problem is very different
depending on that. If you want a conical pendulum that has forces applied
to the particle, then all you need are two generalized coordinates to
describe the pendulum's configuration and some definition of force that is
applied to the particle.

Jason
moorepants.info
+01 530-601-9791